Follow by Email

Monday, July 10, 2006

Nearing the end

Well, I've got 10,000 more words to go in my wip. Feeling pretty good about finishing the first draft by conference. Hey, I might even have an edited version to pitch, God willing.

The publisher interested in my fourth book received the revisions. Said it might take 2 - 3 months before they get back to me. Yikes! I was so hoping to hear back by conference. I don't know whether I should pitch that book or not.

I'm reading Dee Henderson's, The Witness. Haven't read any of her books before, but someone mentioned that I write like her, so of course I had to pick up one of her books. What a compliment! I can see the comparison. Hopefully, a publisher will to.

2 comments:

Robin Caroll said...

You're on a roll, girl! Keep it up! You'll have that baby polished for conference.

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

I've read a few Dee Henderson books--the series name escapes me, but it's the series based on a "family" (they were all foster kids together who bonded together after they got kicked out of the system at 18) of adults, some of who are Christians and some who aren't. I really enjoyed that series--that really is quite a compliment to be told she's one of your contemporaries! I hope the networking you did at convention pays off in getting you a (another?) contract!

-Alison
blog.alisonstrobel.com