Thursday, November 02, 2006

Writing Ups and Downs

What a rollercoaster! I entered the Harvest Rose contest with Romance Writers of America, and while I didn't win, the positive feedback was astonishing. These women liked my story, liked my writing, and had excellent points. Finally, uplifting feedback.

I've also joined NaNoWriMo. The event where you write 50,000 words during the month of November. Today is the second, and I've written a little less than 2,000 words. Not much considering what is left. I'll keep ya'll posted if you're interested. I'm also following a course on the ACFW forum where you write a novel in thirty days. I've read a book on this. Basically, you have to write 5 pages a day for a 300 page novel. The publishing line I'm going for only wants 60,000 - 65,000 words, so it ought to be easy, right? Yeah!

1 comment:

Camy Tang said...

How are you doing on NaNoWriMo? I'm waaaaaaaaaaay behind.
Camy