Friday, June 11, 2010

OH WICKED JUSTICE!

Well, my son met with a sentencing officer. Never heard of one, but supposedly, they're the ones who decide someone's fate and tell the judge their recommendations. To make a long story short, everything my son's lawyer told him in order to get my son to sign a plea...the lawyer had no business telling him. Once my son signed the plea, the lawyer's job was done. Hmmm...do you think it was because the lawyer had a high profile case he wanted to work on? So, if my son's sentencing goes bad on June 23rd, we will sue for misrepresentation. Also, my son said he will rescind his plea and take his chances at trial.

1 comment:

Frances said...

Cindy, I had no idea your family was going through this nightmare. I'm so grieving with you. I'll be praying for your son and for you. Who would have thought a 16 year old boy might go to jail for having sex with a 15 year old girl? It's not fair. But God is faithful. And He is more than able to see your son through this. I love you, my friend.

Blessings,

Frances