Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Characters Inside My Head

Last night I couldn't sleep. Marilu Hutchins wouldn't stop talking. I'm half finished with my novel "Innocent Justice" and Marilu is insistant I write her story instead. I haven't been able to get into Justice in quite a while. I think I've discovered the reason why:

Marilu Hutchins was forty years old when she awoke and realized the man lying next to her wasn't her husband. Her husband was Tom Hutchins...and she'd killed him.

"Innocent Justice" will have to wait. I'm moving on to "Clouded Vision".

3 comments:

Kaye Dacus said...

Uh, Cynthia, you haven't told your husband about this voice yet, have you?

Seriously, I can see why "Marylu" is wanting out to play. Sounds like she has a dynamic story to tell!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's an "I must read this book!" tagline if I've ever read one! So how long do we have to wait before we get to read Marilu's story?!

-Alison
blog.alisonstrobel.com

Eden said...

When is this book being published? My mom has characters in her head that won't be quiet as well. For as long as I can remember, I always read my mom's stories, but it took her forever to finish them b/c she have to start another story/book in the middle of the one she was writing. My mom usually has 2-5 books going on in her head. I don't know how she manages to keep them straight.