Thursday, August 17, 2006

Reading - A Quote

When I consider what some books have done for the world, and what they are doing, how they keep up our hope, awaken new courage and faith, soothe pain, give an ideal life to those whose hours are cold and hard, bind together distant ages and foreign lands, create new worlds of beauty, bring down truth from heaven; I give eternal blessings for this gift, and thank God for books. - James Freeman Clarke

What do our books do? What purpose do you hope to achieve with your writing? Are you doing your best with the blessing God gave you? I pray I am. My goal is to entertain and, hopefully, show someone God's truth in my words. Am I doing this? I don't know. I may not know this side of heaven, but I will continue to write with this desire God has given me.

No comments: