Follow by Email

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Drawing the Reader in

Can you see this? Feel this?

The walk was made in companionable silence, each of them lost in their own thoughts. A slight breeze blew over them, carrying with it an autumn nip. Brightly colored leaves in ranges of orange and yellow, rained down around them, carpeting the sidewalk. Jo sniffed. A fireplace burned, bringing to mind childhood memories of popcorn and marshmallows at her grandmother's house. Somewhere, a lawnmower roared, its sound muffled by distance.

2 comments:

Robin Caroll said...

Can see it, smell it, hear it....but pull me in more...."walk was made"...weak.....strengthen it to make the reader a PART of the story....

Linda Potter said...

I have two non-fiction books Stop Calm down and Depression is a Hard Road They are not selling. I'm new writer I guess. It is good but sometimes you not you authors can be too detailed. That's only my opinion. I am no expert