Monday, January 16, 2006

Connecting

I'm reading this "recent release" I checked out from the library. I won't tell you the name of the book, cause...I'm struggling to get through the first chapter and I mean struggling! I thought I was checking out a book about a group of people stranded on an Island, kind of like Survivor (where the author couldn't go wrong, cause I'm a huge Survivor fan). Anyway, this woman is murdered and is telling about herself; her childhood, her death, her funeral, she even describes her coffin. Okay, I'm ready for the story to begin. WHERE ARE THE STRANDED PEOPLE!?

Anyway, what helps you connect with the characters? What keeps you turning the pages?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For me, I have to immediately feel SOMETHING for the character. Either a dislike, empathy, anger, or compassion. Or just like them period for whatever twisted reason my mind regulates.